Experiment through limitation and capture simple gesture with loose pen + ink and watercolor washes. This course is designed to build confidence as you simplify shapes, learn how to use watercolor glazes (washes) and finish with a working knowledge and vocabulary of the watercolorist. What could be more rewarding than to develop your sketches into a set of greeting cards perfect for sending or to frame! Watercolor and basic drawing experience beneficial but not required.
REQUIRED MATERIALS LIST
- **Note: Quality watercolor paper is a must. This course is designed around the use of a wirebound Watercolor Sketchbook
- A couple of good watercolor brushes are also important, as they will hold a lot of pigment/water and can stand up to years of use.
- Best to use tube watercolor paints, but a good PRANG watercolor set is acceptable. (Do not use Crayola sets.)
- Extra fine tip black rolling ball pen
- Any palette will do....as long as it is white and has wells. Think: divided plastic or foam plates, little jars for mixing washes.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR MATERIALS LIST
This class is online via Zoom. To join the online class, students are required to have an internet connected device. A computer or laptop with a larger screen is preferred, however, students may also use a mobile device such as a tablet or smart phone.
While you are not required to have a webcam or microphone to join a class, you will not be able to be heard or share video of yourself without them. However, you will still be able to see and hear the instructor and other students during the class.
For additional questions regarding zoom, visit their FAQ: