Learn to paint in acrylic in a realistic style. Whether you are new to painting or want to refine your skills to develop a sharper painting style, this class will teach you the basic techniques. This class will cover still life, landscapes, primary color painting exercises, and perspective paintings. Through teacher demonstrations, one-on-one instruction, and class participation, students will be able to enhance their creativity and abilities.
CLASS FORMAT FOR ONLINE DELIVERY
The class begins with still life objects and concludes with painting from photo references. Basic forms are reviewed. Color matching is described. Basic drawing principles are stressed.
REQUIRED MATERIALS LIST
- An assortment of acrylic brushes ranging from small to medium size (1-3-6-8 flat) •
- One large brush for large surface coverage (12-20 flat)
- Palette knife for mixing and application purposes
- No. 2 pencil for drawing
- Canvas panel, 9” x 12” – 11” x 14” (Either in canvas pad form, panel, or canvas paper pad) • One bottle of glass or matte medium
- One bottle of slow dry blending medium
- Acrylic paint (colors): Cad-red, cad-yellow, cobalt blue, white and black
- Water containers (one small for clean water, one larger for wash out)
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR MATERIALS LIST
Materials can also be purchased online at
This class is online via Zoom. To join the online class, students are required to have an internet connected device. A computer or laptop with a larger screen is preferred, however, students may also use a mobile device such as a tablet or smart phone.
While you are not required to have a webcam or microphone to join a class, you will not be able to be heard or share video of yourself without them. However, you will still be able to see and hear the instructor and other students during the class.
For additional questions regarding zoom, visit their FAQ: