In this course, we will revisit the lives of history-makers from all walks of life. Our journey will lead to discoveries that include their unknown accomplishments and their secret failings. You will learn about politicos, geniuses, athletes, the Hollywood elite, as well as those with connections to the arts, science, literature, and more. Join us for a peek into the lives of the “Who’s Who” among the famous and infamous!
- Oct. 8: “Judy Garland – ‘Over the Rainbow’ ” with Jeff Ryder
- Oct. 15: “Phil Spector: Music Mogul” with Tony Moon
- Oct. 22: “Five Influential Women Who Shaped World History” with Monroe Brett
- Oct. 29: “George Gershwin ‘The Man I Love’ ” with Sandra Moulin
- Nov. 5: “W.E.B. Dubois: Architect of the Civil Rights Movement” with David Wilkins
- Nov. 12: “Frieda Kahlo: An Artist With a Warrior's Heart” with Judith Levine