This four-week course will introduce you to the unique world of scratch boarding. You will be introduced to the essential techniques needed while using a variety of different tools to bring your image to life. Your photo references can be of any subject that you choose a favorite animal, person, or place.
REQUIRED MATERIALS LIST
- 2 copies of reference photo, size to be 5x7, also of good quality in order to see the detail, the picture cannot be blurry**
- Pack of 3 5x7 Ampersand Scratchbord
- #11 Xacto knife and extra blades
- 4th, 5h or 6H graphite pencil
- Saral white wax free Transfer Paper
- Sakura Pigma 30062 Micron .005 tip or a pack of 6 pen set
- Ampersand tool kit
- Artist Tape
** For beginner please choose an animal for the first piece. Here are a couple of sites to get high quality photo to download, free to use for artists - Pixabay
; Paint My Photo
; Wet Canvas
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR MATERIALS LIST
This class is online via Zoom. To join the online class, students are required to have an internet connected device. A computer or laptop with a larger screen is preferred, however, students may also use a mobile device such as a tablet or smart phone.
While you are not required to have a webcam or microphone to join a class, you will not be able to be heard or share video of yourself without them. However, you will still be able to see and hear the instructor and other students during the class.
For additional questions regarding zoom, visit their FAQ: